Toyota Core Values
How a company conducts itself in the business world starts at the top. Toyota’s precepts, today known within TMHU as our Core Values have been handed down over generations and remain the basic management philosophy for TMHU and global Toyota. With a simple, timeless message that emphasizes teamwork, respect for people and continuous improvement the Toyota precepts continue to guide the TMHU as we grow and transform with the times through our core values:
1. Be faithful to your duties, thereby contributing to the Company and to the overall good of society.
2. Be ahead of the times through endless creativity, curiosity and pursuit of improvement.
3. Be practical and avoid frivolity.
4. Be kind and generous; strive to create a warm, homelike atmosphere.
5. Be humble, and show gratitude for things great and small.
Based in Columbus, IN, TMHU offers a full line of high-quality material handling equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50 years. Toyota has been the number-one selling forklift in the U.S. since 2002. Our commitment to quality, reliability and durability and excellence allow Toyota to continue to be a leader in our industry.
TMHU is proud of our large and diverse workforce who support and contribute to the company. We seek people committed to excellence with talent, skill and innovation. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits with a pleasant and challenging work environment.
Major contributor to company’s content creation and copy-editing needs including dealer newsletter, long form content, blog posts, email content, and direct dealer communications and notifications. Also responsible for writing and planning social media posts and day-to-day management of social media platforms.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Creative Thinking Style
- Team Player willing to support many areas of the Marketing Department
- Strong Editing Skills
Essential Position Duties:
- Serve as a primary content creator for TMHU Marketing
- Manage and create and share content for all Toyota Forklifts social media platforms
- Lead dealer communications program and monthly dealer newsletter for TMHU
- Work directly with topical or product experts to develop impactful content for digital marketing, prospect & owner nurturing, social media platforms, e-newsletters, and websites/blog content
- Write and edit copy for brochures, web pages, and advertisements
- Manage third-party content creators
- Write and/or edit company press releases and assist in public relations efforts as needed
- Serve as liaison for TALK Magazine, a Toyota Industries Group publication
- Photograph products, associates, and events as needed for social media
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Dealer Communications
- Content Creation and Editing
- Social Media Platforms
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organized
- Exceptional writing, editing, and content repurposing skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Efficient writer and copy editor
- Public relations and corporate communications
- Sprout Social or other social media management tool
- Adobe Photoshop or basic photo editing software
- Photography background a plus
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-5 years of public relations and copywriting experience, ideally for B-to-B high-consideration Equipment Company.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Competitive Salary + bonus program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- On-Site Medical Center
- On-Site Recreational Complex
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Optional benefits include health care reimbursement account, dependent care reimbursement account, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, supplemental AD&D insurance
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company’s policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Each member of management is responsible for the continuance of this policy and to ensure that every employee practices consistent application of this policy.